Wittur Pegasus range of landing and car door types are available with full compliance to the vandal-resistant certification category 2 according to EN81-71 European standard.
This execution not only fulfills the requirements of EN81-1/2 but also includes additional features that further improve safety compared with EN81-71 category 1.
The main features according to EN81-71 category 2 are:
- mechanism housed in a protection box
- an extra thick mechanism plate that accounts for higher rigidity
- car door contact enclosed in a tamper-preventing box
- labyrinth on panels
- shoes in special execution to offer extended resistance against removal of door panels
- holding brackets to keep door trucks on their course even when panels receive severe blows
- door re-closing system pulley inaccessible from the lift entrance
- redundant protection device for all landing door emergency opening keys that cannot be operated unless the protection device is turned off from the main lift controller
- re-enforced door panels with slanted tamper-preventing back profile at door closing side
The major applications include installations in scarcely attended public areas, social housing projects, shopping centres and sport facilities.
Wittur vandal resistant elevator doors are available also in EN81-58 E120 and EW60 fire rated execution.
For additional information about available door types and dimensions please refer to the sales brochure.