Wittur ESG is a breakthrough safety system solution for new elevator installations.
Its reliable braking element is combined with the latest SIL3 position and speed detection and electromechanical gear activation: overspeed governor, tension device and rope loop are no longer needed, and more shaft space can be used for the car.
Advanced self-monitoring routines and automatic setup with shaft dimensions determination ensure a fast and easy installation and a reliable fail-safe system. Safety electronics also combine additional functions: UCM detection, absolute shaft encoder, door zone switch, shaft end switches. A backup battery is supplied in the electronic interface box to ensure operation also in case of power loss.
- Fast and easy installation
- Shaft efficiency: more space for car
- Component cost savings due to less components in the shaft: no Overspeed Governor, no Tension Weight, no Governor Rope Loop
- Maintenance cost savings due to absence of Overspeed Governor, Rope and Tension Weight
- Safety electronic car combine additional functions, such as UCM detection absolure shaft positioning, Door zone switch and Shaft end switches
- Compliant with EN 81-20/50
- ESG stopping and holding element compliant with EN 81-21 for reduced pit and headroom applications, substituting the hinged buffer in the shaft