This will be a significant step towards achieving our carbon goals and once the project is completed, we will use the majority of the power supplied by renewable energy sources on the Wittur Austria site.
Climate change affects us all cognizant we are speeding up to reach our sustainability goals. The first construction of the solar microgrid is set to kick off in January 2023.
Here are some tips regarding the new project.
- Planned installation is based on 882,9 kWp,
- The project will cover the top 20 own consumption producers in Lower Austria,
- 85% of the power will consume during the operations by Wittur, the rest is fed to the grid. This surplus to the grid supplies around 38 residential homes,
- In total, the power plant produces the equivalent of the annual consumption of 250 residential homes (average 3.500 kWh/Year),
- The plan generates enough power per year to drive 5,95 Mio KM with a Tesla Model 3,
- Compared to the Austrian power mix we save 378 tons of CO2 per year,
- This CO2 saving compares to 30267 newly planted beech trees (12,5kg CO2 per tree and per year).