The fire resistant lift landing doors are the most diffused in Europe and in the world.
Their essential feature is to satisfy the fire resistance requirements of the fireproof rules for the buildings.
In 2003, after the introduction of the new norms EN81-58 in Europe, it was found a meeting point on the type of tests to be applied to the prototypes of landing door.
This has allowed to eliminate the differences in specifications of doors determined by local fire authorities, which are generally different from country to country.
Three classes of resistance are available:
- Class "E" (fire resistant doors)
- Class "EW" (fire resistant doors with limited irradiation)
- Class "EI" (fire-cutting doors)
Fire resistant doors class "EW" is a new certification. They have the following features:
- Sheet 15/10 thickness
- Possible execution without thermo-expanding gaskets
- Possible execution without top and rabbet side labyrinth
- Doors always in cladded execution (it's necessary a double coat both in case of covering in stainless steel and mild steel)
Furthermore, Hydra and Pegasus doors in fire resistant execution class "EW" may be certified anti-vandal according to European standards EN81-71: 2005.
Fire resistant doors "EW" have a wide range of executions:
- Welded or demountable execution
- Installation flush with the shaft wall or in niche obtained in the wall
- Possibility to use the gap covering profile (calfeutrement)
- Installation with frames partially or completely concealed behind the shaft wall or with visible frames
- Side frames width variable from 50 to 750 mm
- Top frames width variable from 50 to 500 mm
- Frame depth variable from 30 to 100 mm
- Sill support in standard or type Berlin execution
- Aluminium or stainless steel or iron sill variant
- Plastic or bronze or iron rollers
- Displacement of emergency opening device on the panel
Click here to explore the Wittur wide fire resistance certificates of the follow countries:
- United Kingdom