The fire resistant lift landing doors are the most diffused in Europe and in the world.
Their essential feature is to satisfy the fire resistance requirements of the fireproof rules for the buildings.
In 2003, after the introduction of the new norms EN81-58 in Europe it was found a meeting point on the type of tests to be applied to the prototypes of landing door.
This has allowed to eliminate the differences in specifications of doors determined by local fire authorities, which are generally different from country to country.
Three classes of resistance are available:
Compared to the old tests, the fire resistant doors class "E" have the following features:
- Class "E" (fire resistant doors)
- Class "EW" (fire resistant doors with limited irradiation)
- Class "EI" (fire-cutting doors)
- Sheet 15/10 thickness instead of 18/10
- Possible execution without insulation material in the frames
- Possible execution without top and rabbet side labyrinth
- Possible execution without thermo-expanding gaskets
- Possible execution with visible frames
Furthermore, Hydra and Pegasus doors in fire resistant execution class "E" may be certified anti-vandal according to European standards EN81-71: 2005.